January 12, 2009

...

It was 28th July,2008 when she wrote me a long email about how horrible it was to return to an empty room everyday, and how she had grown fond of me in that short span. I think I did not even read the email carefully, because I was guilty to have left without even having met her for the last time. I had simply placed a letter and a gift on her bed, put my luggage in the car and drove off.

A month later she called me up to ask about how I was. I mumbled something and made sure that I ended the call in 10 minutes. It was the worst thing to do, but I had to do it for myself. I was not sure if I could talk to her just yet...the memories of that place were haunting me. It was only after 3 months that we interacted again. She'd always be "pleasantly shocked" to hear from me..and we'd spin a long conversation about college gossip, general stuff and updates about each other's lives. All okay..but I had to say a definite 'Sorry' and a 'Thank You' and I somehow always postponed it..but it never left my mind rather became a weird creepy feeling inside of me.

Today, I opened that email..the one written to me 6months back..and read it, fully. She had poured her heart out..almost narrated all occurences we had bonded over. It was too much to loose, I thought. I had to gather some courage and clear all the misunderstandings. I started a mail..and the typing speed increased as there was no 'thinking' for words..or framing the 'right' sentences..It was swimming in my heart for so many months, it better know how to shape up itself on paper..err computer!

I clicked on the send button and relaxed..Phew..cannot quite tell you how brilliant it felt! That last particle of 'badfeeling' disposed off. Strange bit about confessions is that after you're done with it, you don't care for the outcome. That relief is such a gift to the restless mind..

Just thought of recording this on the blog..it deserves a mention. Rohini Kamath deserves a mention! She replied in 5minutes sharp :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!
There is really something good about giving something to people who really matter/mattered even if it was for a little while.

silly child of God! said...

go Pru!trust me on this(& i know u since 9 yrs)......this female will be ur friend for a lifetime.......she's got the patience :P