June 18, 2009

Impressions

There is a man who stands in front of me with a sword in his hand. It points towards me, and I clasp it..trying so hard to twist the weapon. And all that I succeed in doing is harming myself. The skin on my palms tear..but I don't loosen my grip, I try to twirl it harder.

The stench of blood, the sight of blood- some on my shirt, some in a puddle on the floor..I faint!

***

It is strange how Papa can accurately sense my low moods. I spoke to him for 2 minutes over the phone today. We debated over some work that had to be completed by me. And just when I was about to keep the phone down he shot a question, "What's troubling you?I can sense that something is"

It was my father's voice. It seldom asked these questions. And when it did, it always got the Truth.

Quickly I recovered and let out a chuckle. "There's a baby lizard jumping from one table to another..and am so scared, papa!", I said and laughed some more.

He didn't buy that. He asked me his question again. Tears welled up my eyes and I quickly wiped them off. "Not the time, not the place", I told myself. I promised him that we'd discuss the matter in the evening and hung up.


That monsterous lump in my throat subsided and I smiled..

5 comments:

silly child of God! said...

baby lizard......lol......trust u for such absurd excuses ;)
i liked 1 more thing- monsterous lump

Iridescent ... said...

Lovely! :)

Priyanka said...

hmmm, nice....
u seriously thought he wud buy the lizard excuse?

Ashar said...

@ Pinky, @ silly- but it wasn't a story..there was really a lizard making our lives hell ;)

shah_of_blah said...

Jumping high diving down baby lizard..armed with sword and slit throat.. Beautifully warm red blood glistens in morning sun as the baby stares at the wall